From the desk of the Executive Director
Brothers, Sister and Friends:
May is almost over, I wanted to remind you of our upcoming deadlines and also what we you need to do to participate at the upcoming National Convention.
1. I have asked our membership department to mail out all the AHEPA delegate and alternate reporting forms which are going out in today’s mail. These forms are being sent to the registered Chapter Secretary and need to be filled out and mailed, emailed or faxed to the AHEPA Headquarters on or BEFORE JUNE 1, 2016. Please note the deadline JUNE 1, 2016
2. The delegate strength of your chapter is written on the form and it is computed by your yearend membership total. Please look at the sheet and fill it out immediately and send to AHEPA headquarters.
3. AHEPA SUPREME CONVENTION- The 94th Annual Supreme Convention is right around the corner and we’ve put together this information sheet to help answer any questions you may have about getting to Las Vegas. WHEN: July 24th – July 30th
WHERE: The Mirage 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109
CALL 800 – 374 – 9000
RATE: AHEPA has secured an incredibly affordable room rate of $90 per night (plus tax and resort fee) for convention attendees. It is available by telling staff that you are with the AHEPA group when making your reservations. The AHEPA room rate EXPIRES June 24, 2016, so book ASAP! BOOK ONLINE: Members can book their rooms online by visiting:
WHEN DO I NEED TO BE THERE?
Registration opens at 9am Monday, July 25th. The election of convention officers, business sessions, and Opening Ceremonies will take place on Monday.
Convention Business will be completed by Friday July 29 in the late morning/early afternoon. The AHEPA room rate for the weekend is about $190 per night (subject to change) because of the weekend, so we have made sure all of our events will be over by Friday. The GRAND BANQUET is scheduled for THURSDAY July 28. Elections will follow.
4. AHEPA has not committed to booking suites for the convention, suites will be purchased by attendees on a first come first serve basis and on space availability. The room rate is subject to changes on a daily basis, so if you need a suite, please contact the hotel and tell them you are coming for the AHEPA convention and you need a suite, headquarters HAS NO SUITES, please make those arrangements on your own.
5. Registration for the convention for delegates and alternates is now open, a registration form is in the next magazine which will be arriving over the next few weeks. Registration fees are set at $375, if Delegate/Alternates register before June 24, the fee is $275 guests packages is $375. ACT QUICKLY
Lastly, as a friendly reminder all national dues are now due, please contact your chapter Secretary to make sure they sent HQ all your dues. Only paid members can be delegates to the national convention.
MAKE YOUR ROOM RESERVATIONS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Basil N. Mossaidis